Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sunday, August 21st (day 53/365)

Sunday I had to work most of the day getting ready for class.  I did get a little break though and Jeremy treated me to a back-to-school trip to Office Depot!  I do love an office supply shopping trip!!  Sunday was also the day of the welcome back BBQ at school.  I talked it up, so Jeremy and Phoebe met me for lunch.  It turned out to be ... less than stellar.  There wasn't enough food, and Jeremy is pretty sure he got food poisoning from the chicken he ate (and we all know how Jeremy stoically suffers in silence).  He also got swarmed by bees (I may have also heard about that incident multiple times - "I'm allergic you know.  I could have died.  You would be a single parent because you made me come to this stupid BBQ").  So, not our best family outing.  There were both a bounce house and cotton candy though so I think Phoebe will really like it when she gets older.  What is better than consuming ridiculous amounts of sugar and then flinging yourself around a giant inflatable cube?  I am guessing not much, if you are 8 years old. 

When we all got home and were just relaxing in the living room (Jeremy was recovering from his brush with death), Phoebe crawled over to the box of diapers we had just purchased to send to daycare and ...

Oh this? No big deal.  You should see what I do when you're not looking.
 She just climbed right up like it was no big deal.  Not even letting go of the toy she was chewing on.  Jeremy and I just looked at each other and said "well, crap".  Phoebe has clearly mastered climbing up onto stuff now.  She spent a few minutes trying to figure out how to climb from the box of diapers onto the tray of the jumperoo before we finally did the responsible parent thing and removed her from the cardboard box.

Speaking of our awesome parenting skills, here are some pictures and a video of Phoebe chewing on dirty socks.  I think we will title our forthcoming parenting book What? It's not like we'd let her EAT it.


So many socks, so little time.




PS. In case you were worried, Jeremy did survive ... although it was touch and go there for a minute what with the fact that a bee almost touched him and all.  Also, he wanted me to point out that he dressed the baby in the outfit she is wearing in these pictures and he was very proud that it MATCHED. 

PPS After all the build up, the Jumperoo is a total dud!  I cleaned it all up, put it together, and Phoebe was completely unimpressed.  I don't know if she is over the Jumperoo already, or if she just finds this one unacceptable. Luckily, she has discovered the dishwasher which she finds fascinating so I guess we're off the hook for baby toys for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment