Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Friday, July 29 (day 30/365)

This morning I was holding Phoebe while I got her breakfast ready.  I took a cube of frozen applesauce out of the freezer and stuck it in a bowl.  Before I could put the bowl in the microwave to warm it up, Phoebe grabbed the applesauce cube and stuck it in her mouth.  I figured "why not - saves me a step!" so I plunked her down in her highchair and made myself a cup of coffee.  I thought that the sauce cube would eventually get rejected and I would have to heat it, but no.  Phoebe actually ate TWO sauce cubes.  Hey, to each their own.

What is this deliciousness?  Have you been holding out on me?!?

Mmmmmm ... frozen applesauce ... yummy

After Phoebe finished her apple-cicles, I dropped her off at daycare.  Typically on Fridays, Phoebe is at daycare for a full day, but today Jeremy and I sprang her early and took her to Pacific Grove for the Festival of the Lanterns pet parade.  It was exactly what you might think a small town pet parade would be - it was totally adorable!  There were a bunch of kids with pets (some in costumes - both kids and pets).  In addition to dogs, there was one lone cat, and a "miscellaneous" category that included a rat named Scribbles, a giant lizard, several bunnies, and a little boy with a spider in a box.  Phoebe really enjoyed herself, but maintained a very studious exterior.  Next year we'll have to dress her up and enter her and Danger in the parade!

Only one cat?  I'm not sure about this parade.

What - you couldn't be bothered with a costume kid?  Way to phone it in.

I guess this is acceptable.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you're on to something! Instead of that warm, mushy stuff, Phoebe would prefer her chicken, beets, squash,etc. in little frozen cubes. Maybe on a stick........... You might want to patent this idea.

    ReplyDelete