Thursday, September 1, 2011

Monday, August 29th (day 61/365)

Due to my work schedule this semester, we've had to switch classes at baby group.  Having to switch is really upsetting because Phoebe and I both love our group.  I am really lobbying hard to make sure that my schedule next semester will accommodate switching back!  This week was family pot-luck night where instead of class, we all have a potluck at night (so the dads who work can attend).  I will say that while most of the programming at baby group is fairly enlightened, it really rubs me the wrong way that we're always talking about how dad works and mom stays home.  There are at least three working moms in our group, yet at potluck night, the teacher made a big deal about how all the dads were so awesome for arranging their schedules so that they could make it.  I guess things like that are expected of mom but are just super-awesome when dad does them ... but that's another soap box for another day ... instead of a rant about gender inequality as it relates to parenting expectations, here is a picture of me and Phoebe at pot-luck night for our new class:


No comments:

Post a Comment