Monday, March 28, 2011

We Survived! (the baby is fine too)

Phoebe's first day of daycare seems to have gone ok.  As anticipated, drop off was way harder on Jeremy and I than on Phoebe.  Phoebe happily went to Ms. Green (the daycare center director).  Jeremy and I took a long time to leave and after that we had to sit in the car for 10 minutes before we could bring ourselves to drive away.  We emailed back and forth all day about how sad we were - Jeremy even listened to Phoebe's Peter Paul and Mary CD at school.  I thought I was holding it together until someone at work asked if this was the longest I'd ever been away from Phoebe.  I hadn't thought of it before but until today the longest I'd been away from Phoebe was maybe three hours.  Today was a full day of daycare.

When I picked Phoebe up, the first thing Ms. Green said was "is Phoebe a colicky baby?".  Oops, I guess we forgot to mention that on our application.  I also guess that Phoebe demonstrated the vigor and stamina of her crying for all the other kids at daycare.   Despite the crying (on all our parts) we really think this will be a good daycare situation for the Fussers.  The staff clearly is very caring and took very good care of Phoebe during the day.  Ms Green even pointed out that they noticed the velcro on Phoebe's bib was irritating her skin, so I should make sure to buy bibs that snap in the future.    I never even noticed that  - but I guess we're going to have to get some new bibs!

Phoebe fell asleep in the car on the way home, so Jeremy and I took her out to dinner to celebrate all of us surviving the first day of daycare.  The local deli that we like just recently started staying open for dinner, so we stopped by there (the dinner specials all include the cookie of your choice for dessert so we are big fans).  We had a nice celebratory dinner then we came home and did our nighttime bath, stories and songs and put the Fuss-budget down to sleep.  I think Jeremy and I will be following close behind - today was pretty exhausting for all of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment