Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Sisters!

When my parents brought my brother home for the hospital, it took me about a week to declare war on the little guy. We didn't arrive at a state of truce until some time around when I left for college. Sure, we'd occasionally join forces to protest some parental injustice, but it was always an uneasy, short-lived alliance.

Given my past of intense sibling rivalry, I was expecting the same from Phoebe. It has been a really neat surprise that (so far) she actually really loves being a big sister. Granted sometimes her methods of expressing that love are a little less than ideal, but they are (usually) well intentioned.

Every day when Phoebe gets home from school she immediately starts asking to hold her sister. Phoebe's cuddles can get a little intense, but Eleanor is typically a good sport. I imagine that Eleanor will grow up to be an adult who loves rollercoasters and bungee jumping due to all of her early experiences with thrilling snuggles from her big sister.

[Disclaimer: Eleanor does seem to enjoy this most days. Really.]







No comments:

Post a Comment