Thursday, March 6, 2014

Cash Register!

I am pretty sure that Phoebe thinks that the UPS man works for my mom since he is always bringing presents from Gramma.  In fact, whenever Jeremy or I gets a package, Phoebe is pretty confused by the situation. Last week I got a book for work and the box was waiting for us when we got home at the end of the day. Phoebe didn't believe it wasn't for her and made me open the box in front of her. I think she is still wondering why Gramma thought she wanted an Operating Systems text book :)

A few weeks ago, my mom noticed that Phoebe really liked playing "grocery shopping" so (after clearing it with me) she let Phoebe pick out a cash register on Amazon.  Phoebe was super excited "it's just like Target!" were, I believe, her exact words (note to self - take fewer trips to Target).

The cash register has been a HUGE hit and Phoebe often makes Jeremy or I "shop" for items we already own. The register also has some learning games built in and Phoebe has really taken to one called Money Match where the register gives a number and the kid has to enter it by pushing the correct buttons on the keypad. [As an aside, every time the cash register says "welcome to Money Match" Phoebe yells "it said MOMMY match" and giggles like crazy.  I guess that passes for a joke in three-year-old circles]  Phoebe has been playing a lot of Money Match and has actually gotten pretty good at two digit numbers.  I tried to get a video but instead of highlighting the educational features of the cash register, I think this tends to highlight the craziness of my toddler :)


You can also see her offering to type 0 for Eleanor (since Eleanor is zero years old). At least she's "playing with" her sister.  Thank you for the fun toy Gramma!!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry she didn't choose the quiet, wooden register that you preferred!

    ReplyDelete