Monday, November 21, 2011

Sunday November 20 (day 143/365)

Today was my big race - I ran the Big Sur half marathon with my mom friends Lori and Mandy.  It was supposed to be really cold and rainy, but the weather was actually great and the scenery was beautiful!  We ended up doing a lot better than we thought we would, especially Mandy who we insisted leave us behind.  After the race, and some well-deserved greasy lunch, we came home and spent a lazy Sunday afternoon together.  I am really glad that I started running again!  I wanted to quit many times, but Jeremy encouraged me to keep going and made sure that I had enough time to train.  I had a really great time training for and doing the race and running has helped me reduce my stress level.  Lori and Mandy and I have already signed up for a 10k on New Years and will probably talk about some other races once we're fully recovered from this one :)  I hope that if we get a better jogging stroller we can even take the babies with us on some of them!

Jeremy and Phoebe met me at the finish line for the race.  It was so cool that they came out to cheer us on!

When we got home, Daddy and Phoebe watched the Bears.  You know what that means ... lots of TOUCHDOWNS!!!

Here Phoebe is showing off a close-up of her half-marathon t-shirt.  Actually, she's trying to eat the camera, but po-tay-to, po-TA-to.



No comments:

Post a Comment