Sunday, November 13, 2011

Saturday November 12 (day 135/365)

We had a pretty awesome Saturday!  I had to do a 10 mile training run today so we decided I would just run from home to the gym where swimming is to meet up with Phoebe and Jeremy.  It would have actually been about 10.75 miles to they gym, but it turns out to be almost exactly 11 to the Starbucks downtown Monterey, so I decided to do 11 - I do have priorities after all :)  After running and swimming, we met our friends the Sheaus for lunch at Chipotle.  On our way to lunch, Jeremy and I realized we were almost out of diapers in the diaper bag, so we stopped at Target to pick up a package.  At some point during the afternoon we managed to lose the ENTIRE package of diapers.  Not sure how that happens, but we blame the sleep deprivation.

After lunch, we went to the cool Dennis the Menace playground downtown Monterey.  I wasn't sure how much fun Phoebe would have since she is so little, but she LOVED it!  She was all over the place.  Phoebe also went down the slide by herself for the first time ever.  It went something like this:
Kate: I'd take Phoebe down the slide, but I'm not sure I'd fit
Jeremy: Just send her by herself
Kate: What!?!?!  Are you kidding?!?!?!  Poor little baby, I bet she'd be so scared all by herself.
Jeremy: Let's just try once.
Kate: If you insist
Phoebe: WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!  Let's do it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was worried so I was very careful to lay Phoebe all the way down and reach as far as I could before I let her go.  On subsequent runs she pretty much flung herself down the slide as soon as she saw it.

When we were all played out at the park, we went over to the aquarium. Now that Phoebe is a walker, she pretty much insists at walking everywhere.  And forget about holding her parents' hands - that is for BABIES.  This is fine in say, the living room.  At the crowded aquarium on the Saturday of a holiday weekend, not so much.  It was quite the workout chasing after the little muffin.

We worked up a big appetite, so we all came back to our place for pizza and cupcakes.  We are all pretty awesome parents because we managed to eat the cupcakes without alerting the babies to their presence.  We could pretend that we didn't feed the kids cupcakes because we were worried about the sugar or cavities or something, but it was probably more like we really didn't want to have to share :)

Phoebe and the Sheau's older son Kestrel are super cute together.  They played a lot of the day and were always giving each other hugs and high fives.  They also did some wrestling, almost always instigated by Phoebe.  She would toddle up behind Kestrel, grab him around the neck and pull him down to the ground.  Luckily, the little guy was a pretty good sport.

We had an awesome day!  We can't wait to hang out again.  We also didn't even bother to pack a camera. Geoff has a really good camera (and is a great photographer) so we told him he was on photo duty for the day.  All the pictures here are curtesy of Geoff.   Every time I see pictures he has taken I am tempted to buy a cool new camera.  Then I realize that it would still be me and Jeremy taking the pictures - a camera can only do so much :)












High Fives!!

No comments:

Post a Comment