Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sunday on the peninsula

Last Sunday, Kate and I went on 17-mile drive. This is the scenic loop around the southern half of the peninsula. Specifically, it goes around Pebble Beach and all the famous golf courses there (though not Pebble Beach itself). According to Kate, this is her standing on "Pebble Beach."


This is a better picture of Kate with the churning Pacific in the background. We're still not used to the idea that we live here.

Kate got a pretty good shot of the surf crashing on the rocks behind me. It was way behind me, so I didn't get wet, though I'm sure several of you were hoping for that.

If you look just to the left of center in this picture, you can see a lonely sea lion, lounging on the rocks. We live near sea lions and otters and seals. Still very weird.

This was a pretty good view south along the coast toward Big Sur. We're looking forward to getting down that direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment