Sunday, August 23, 2009

Jeremy's Road Trip, day 1.

One of the things that Kate and I learned during the process of planning and executing our move is that it is a royal pain in the neck to ship a car. Basically, it can't be done on any sort of schedule. This made it impossible to ship my car out here before or during our move. Once we had resolved to leave it behind and arrange shipping later, Kate suggested that, so long as we were going to be spending several hundred dollars to move the car, anyway, one of might as well get some fun out of the deal. So I flew back to Chicago and drove the car back out here, making numerous stops along the way.

Have I mentioned that I have the best wife in the world?

I flew to Chicago on Aug. 14 and played at the 21st Annual Cooler Classic Ultimate tournament in Milwauke on the 15th and 16th. I stayed with Ernie in Chicago the night of the 16th, and on the 17th, I commenced my journey. The trip was a blast. Over the next few days, I'll be posting pictures and descriptions of my trip, and all the stops I made along the way.

DAY 1: Chicago to St. Louis (300 miles)
I was going to post Google Map pictures of my entire route, but then it occurred to me that some folks might not want Google maps of their homes posted on a public blog. So you'll have to be content without for most legs.

Day 1 saw me drive from Ernie's place to the Peil's house in St. Louis, with a stop at Illinois State University to meet with a collaborator of mine, and in Springfield to have lunch with a friend.


Archie is always horribly neglected at the Peil's, now that they have a child, so I made sure to get a picture of him first.

Lucy objected, however, and wanted to be sure I got a picture of her.
"Look at me! I do more tricks than the dog!"

Which just made Archie sad. Poor Archie.

No comments:

Post a Comment