Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Being a mother has really made me appreciate my own mom a lot more :)  Thank you for everything mom!  Happy Mother's Day!! 

On Mother's Day and my mom's birthday, John's friend Nephtali always tries to call my mom first so that he can maintain his position as "favorite child".  This year I think I managed to beat him - but since John was already over at the house I think I still only came in second.

We had a pretty busy weekend here at the Gottwood house.  Saturday I volunteered at an outreach event for middle school girls, so Jeremy and Phoebe got to hang out all day.  Apparently Phoebe decided to take a three hour nap but would only stay asleep while Jeremy was holding her - so they got a lot of snuggles!  When I got home we went to the local deli and met some friends for dinner.  It is so nice to be able to take Phoebe out more.  It is also really nice that all of our friends here really like her and are always happy to take a turn holding her for us. 

Today we ran a lot of errands and got Phoebe a nice new floor mat for rolling around on.  We didn't get it set up until after she went to bed, so we'll have to post pictures later in the week after she gets a chance to check it out.  This evening we went to my friend Bude's house for dinner - it was delicious!  She and her husband made yummy homemade Chinese food and Jeremy and I both stuffed ourselves.  Bude has an adorable kindergarten aged son, and we always have fun playing with him.  He is really into dinosaurs right now so we all took turns playing a made up dinosaur game that had an awful lot of rules (and Bude's son always seemed to win) :)  We had a great time and Phoebe did great - until the very end.  We ended up lingering a bit too long over tea and dessert and definitely passed the point where she turns into a pumpkin.  Now we know we need to keep an eye on the clock when we're out with the munchkin - it is in everyone's best interest if we are home by 7:30 at the very latest. 

Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment