Sunday, January 30, 2011

One Month!!

Today Phoebe is officially one month old - we survived our first month!  Jeremy says "one down ..."

To celebrate, Jeremy gave me a couple of hours off this afternoon - I almost didn't know what to do with myself.  Actually I really didn't know what to do with myself without having to be constantly on alert for baby fussiness.  I ended up getting a much needed haircut (my last one was in June - yikes!) and then (sadly) the only thing I could think of to do was to go to Target.  I got a giant pretzel and wandered aimlessly through the baby section.  I guess I will have to work my way up to using my time off to do completely non-baby related things :)  Then when I got home, we ordered Chinese take-out for dinner.  I hope Phoebe enjoyed her first month birthday celebration!

We had grand plans to get a cute 1-month picture of Phoebe, but she was particularly fussy today, so we had to scrap those plans.  Instead, here is a picture of me bouncing here in our Piccolo (front carrier thing - HIGHLY recommended if you're in the market for such a thing).  Either Jeremy or I spend some portion of every day bouncing Phoebe around in the Piccolo.  It tends to calm her down and frees up our hands for other things (I am actually typing this post while wearing Phoebe in the Piccolo).  We have to bounce her around, but at least our hands are free!


Sorry you can't see much of the baby in this one :)  You do get a nice shot of my $18 haircut though.  Of course, I am bouncing the baby in the picture, so it isn't the best shot of the haircut.  I was actually pretty impressed.  It isn't the best haircut ever, but I have gotten haircuts that were a whole lot worse that I paid a whole lot more for.  After having tried a fancy place in Carmel, I think I may end up sticking with the Scissor Shack (home of the $18 haircut) - it certainly has some "character" I guess is how I'd put it. 

And here's a picture of Phoebe from yesterday (close enough to her one month birthday I suppose)


I was trying to get a shot of her in her overalls and robot hat in honor of her Daddy going to robot club, but she wasn't super cooperative.  I  will just point out that her hat is size 3-6 months and it fits her fairly snugly.  She clearly has the Lockwood giant head.  Or maybe that is a Tomkinson thing?  All I know is I have a hard time finding hats that fit, and it looks like Phoebe will be in the same boat.

I was hoping to write nice monthly posts for Phoebe on each of her one-month birthdays to keep track of how much she changed each month and to summarize what was going on in our lives.  Sadly, I think that tradition is going to stop before it even starts.  I am just a little to tired to try to coherently describe how much our lives have changed in the last month.  Maybe by two months :)  For now, let's just say that our lives are vastly different.   Parenthood sure has been an adventure so far.  Granted, it has been the kind of adventure where there are moments when you contemplate chewing your own arm off to escape.  It has also been pretty amazing.  It is so cool to watch Phoebe start to wake up and notice the world around her. 

Happy One Month Phoebe!  We love you very much!

1 comment:

  1. We feel your pain. As we have told Jeremy he was a "fussy" (that is putting it mildly) baby. We spent many hours carrying him around in a Snuggly (I think that's what they called it), many hours walking around with him, rocking him, driving around with him in the car. I even strapped him to my back (you could do that with Snugglies) and went bike riding with him. And dispite the fussyness, look how he has turned out. Well maybe that's not a good inspirational example. Just kidding Jeremy. Great picture of Phoebe. Is that a smile?

    Paul

    ReplyDelete