Thursday, August 19, 2010

4 years of the Gottwoods!

Today was our fourth wedding anniversary!  I celebrated with a day full of meetings - I had meetings scheduled from 8:15 am - 6:00 pm.  Luckily I had a break for lunch and Jeremy brought by sandwiches from our favorite deli.  When the deli guy found out it was our anniversary he gave Jeremy free carrot cake - which caused Jeremy to declare the deli guy his "second favorite person in the world".  He clarified that I still had the number 1 spot, but by a fairly narrow margin.  I mean, I may be carrying his child, but we're talking about FREE CAKE.  I think if it had been pie I might have been out of luck.

After my late meeting we went out for a nice dinner in Pacific Grove.  It is amazing to think that this is the last time for quite a while that we can go out for an anniversary dinner without having to find a babysitter!  It was a delicious dinner and we really enjoyed having a nice night out before we both head back to school.

The other exciting thing that happened today is that Danger felt the baby kick.  After my alarm went off this morning, Danger sprawled on top of my belly.  Right as he settled in, Bagel gave a big kick.  She's still pretty little so the kicks aren't super-hard, but it was enough for Danger to lift his head and look at me accusingly, as if to ask "what just happened?".  Jeremy says he can't wait for Bagel to get bigger and for the kicks to get harder because he wants to see if Danger will fight back.  I can't say that I am particularly looking forward to baby-cat show downs with me caught in the middle.

The other memorable event that happens in the middle of August is my mom's birthday.  Happy birthday Mom!  (Actually it was the 17th).  On Tuesday I got a phone call from my brother (well, actually Jeremy got a phone call from my brother's best friend, but that's a much longer story) chastising me for dropping the ball and not calling him to warn him about mom's birthday.  Apparently he and his friend found out about her birthday when they stopped by my parent's house because it was half way between the liquor store and their final destination.  Although, as his friend pointed out, John had thoughtfully picked up a "bouquet of a dozen Bud Lights" to commemorate Mom's birthday - THAT'S thinking on your feet!

Happy birthday Mom and happy anniversary Jeremy!  Here's hoping for many more of both!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the Birthday wishes and Happy Anniversary to you and Jeremy!
    Jeremy gets points for correctly identifying who was making a harassing phone call from our house. Well done!

    ReplyDelete