Monday, July 9, 2012

Wednesday, July 4

To celebrate the 4th of July we helped some friends move.  They have two kids, so while some subset of the parents worked on the actual moving, the others wrangled kids.  During one of my kid shifts I took Phoebe and the almost-three-year-old to the local park.  They had a ton of fun and I was just happy that I managed to keep them both alive and head-injury free during my watch.

We had a great time and at the end of the day we grilled out and caught up.

Playing on the slide (I should admit that I convinced them to go down the slide together, not realizing that the bottom had been sitting in the sun all day and was super hot.  When they hit the hot spot they both started crying.  Yep, I am a pretty awesome baby sitter!)

Snack Time!  After scalding the kids on the hot slide, I distracted them  from their injuries with a snack break.  All was well until they started stealing each other's water bottles.  I am pretty sure that this shot is photographic proof that Phoebe started it.

No comments:

Post a Comment